ONLINE kWh meter for Energy Monitoring & Energy Management
LOW COST ONLINE ENERGY MONITORING
With Powerful Options: WiFi/3G Wireless, Online Graphs, Additional Inputs
The ONLINE kWh meter (also called iP kWh meter) can be used for remote Web-enabled Energy Monitoring with internet access for Electric Energy Applications like:
- Renewable Energy Projects
- Solar & Wind Energy projects.
- Energy Management Systems
EKOPOWER supplies also complete professional monitoring systems for Renewable Energy Projects:
- Solar & Wind Energy projects.
The ONLINE Energy Monitoring System consists of a pulse recording system, which is connected to:
- a pulse generating kWh meter (AC or DC) or
- other energy sensors & transducers with pulsgenerating output signal like gas, water, flow meters,
rain collectors, anemometers, traffic etc
- additional analog sensors & signals can also be connected like temperature, 4-20 mA signals etc.
Example of Graphic Web Display
The ONLINE kWh meter can be configured for AC or DC systems
Please specify the voltage, current, phases etc at order.
The system can be connected to any existing puls generating kWh meter
(or Gas/Water/Flow meter!)
Part of the system is a pulse monitoring system with recording of pulses, coming from:
- Transduces (eg kWh meters, Gas, Water meter)
- Sensors (eg wind speed, rain collector)
The recording of the pulses can be carried out in several modes:
- counting pulses during a pre adjusted interval ( eg for Energy Consumption Analysis, Rain Monitoring)
- counting pulses cumulative (eg total kWh production or consumption)
- calculating the average puls-frequency during a pre-adjusted interval
eg for determination of the average Power (in Watts) during the interval
or average wind speed (m/s)
In this way a simple system can be supplied with online presentation of eg:
- A wind turbine: cumulative Energy production (kWh), current Power (Wattts), Wind speed (m/s)
- A PV Solar system: cumulative Energy production (kWh), current Power (Watts),
Additinal: Solar Radiation (W/m2) by using a low cost solar radiation sensor type 6450
- A Solar Heating system: Flow from puls generating Flow sensor
Additional: 2 temperature sensors, Solar Radiation (W/m2) by using a
low cost solar radiation sensor type 6450
Cabinet of iBOX or iSENSE
with DIN rail mounting
Expected 2012: iBOX2S, a small iBOX unit
Example of 1 Phase kWh meter
with pulse output and DIN rail mounting
The ONLINE kWh meter can be supplied in several modes:
A. Measuring the kWh value during an adjustable interval
(eg 1, 10, 15 minutes) with reset using a 12 Bits Counter, optional prescaler: 2 up to 12 Bits
B. Measuring the average Power in Watts or kWatt during an adjustable interval
(eg 1, 10, 15 minutes) using a 24 Bits Counter, optional prescaler: 2 up to 12Bits
C. Measuring CUMULATIVE kWh production (or consumption), with adjustable update interval
in this case the kWh counter is NON-VOLATILE and has a high capacity counter
(24 Bits Counter with optional 2..12 Bits prescaler )
More then one mode can be active in one system.
The cumulative kWh meter values are NON VOLATILE, so when the power of the system is
interrupted the values are not lost!
The calibration can simply be carried out in advance via software by entering a "pulse- value"
Two modules are available::
- a small iBOX module (with optional datalogging up to to 2 GB SD card) or
- a small iSENSE module (no datalogging, only current value available)
The modules have Ethernet connection with built-in webserver for direct connection
to a network or router. Optional wireless connections:
- WiFi for wireless local network connection
- 3G router for wireless remote network connection
Both systems can send data files to a server (via FTP) or via e-mail to a PC:
- iSENSE can send a string the current values at pre-adjusted intervals
- iBOX can ALSO send recorded data at pre-adjusted intervals
Optional Online Options , like Online Graphs and WEB Displays can be supplied according to your requirements and are very easy to integrate in your website.
The kWh values can also be read over the internet using the built-in webserver by using your browser.
The webserver is remote to access over the internet, using port forwarding in the router.
The iBOX has a static -adjustable- iP address. See more details about online optione here
Example of Alphanumeric Web Display (Updated each 15 minute, interval adjustable):
Cumulative kWh Meter of Wind Turbine
The ONLINE kWh meter can be expanded with additional analog channels for eg:
wind speed, solar radiation temperatures, flow etc.
(max 32 analog inputs can be added with 16 Bits resolution)
Also more kWh meters can be connected to one module:
max 6 pcs with 12 Bits Counter OR max 3 pcs with 24 bits non volatile counters.
Even additional remote control (iP switch) and alarm options are possible.
UTC/GMT time synchronisation of the systemj is also possible.
Ask our application engineers for the possibilities!
The webdisplay can easily be integrated into a html web page
Optional Online Graphs and WEB Displays can be designed according to your requirements
and are very easy to integrate in your website! Optional hosting for online graphs is also possible.
Simply copy and paste some html code or make a link to the page.
Any online Alphanumeric WEB display can be made according to your project and in different sizes:
- medium: see below
- EXTRA LARGE
Contact us via email if you want more detailed information.
Contact us: we would like to offer you our solution!